HCL deals with the issue of the identification and experimentation of solutions suitable for the cold chain, in particular between -18°C and -20°C, reaching up to -30°C, focusing on the efficiency of the processes and the increase of the quality of work of the staff involved.
The project was created with the following objectives:
- make the cold chain logistics process more efficient, also from an energy point of view;
- improve the working conditions of the personnel working in environments at -20°C or below;
- guarantee compliance with the restraints for the maintenance of temperatures during the logistics route of the products;
- streamline the route of the last mile of the delivery of the cold chain products in an urban context.
Below are the activities regarding our approach in the “HCL project – Healthy Cold Logistics“:
- design and realisation of new modular, portable, adaptable and “intelligent” transport units (HCL shelters);
- substitution of human resources in the operations in the more critical environmental conditions, with the use of automation in some of the loading/unloading/picking phases;
- transparency and certification using information blockchain during the transport chain;
- Warehouse and Process Management with the cutting-edge use of dedicated IoT technologies;
- robotic systems in extremely cold environments and innovative picking management systems.