The aim of the “My safest town” project is to implement road safety actions for the reduction of the number of accidents on city roads and to train users in safe mobility, starting from students and involving citizens, to the raising of awareness and information in the elderly.
In recent years the Municipality of Rocca di Papa has recorded a rise in road accident injuries among vulnerable users. Moreover, about 77% of the accidents take place in an urban context, involving children under 15 and adults over the age of 65. These data highlight the need to implement actions to counter the number of road accidents.
The project is financed by the 3rd, 4th and 5th Programme for the Implementation of the National Road Safety Plan and aims to:
- strengthen the road safety structure equipping it with adequate instrumentation;
- train technicians, decision-makers, Police Forces and personnel involved in road safety;
- improve and reinforce the monitoring capacity of the network and unsafe user behaviour;
- raise awareness and inform the public;
- raise awareness of risk components;
- secure and redevelop accident black spots of the road network.