Africa’s post-2020 Strategic Directions for Road Safety articulated under the leadership of ECA and the African Union Commission (AUC) are a useful tool to manage the current severe road safety situation in countries on the continent, including Cameroon.
In that regard, one of the measures proposed in the African Road Safety Action Plan for 2021-2030 derived from the Strategic Directions is to strengthen the capacity of Road Safety stakeholders at the national and regional levels. To that end, member States are recommended to introduce road safety modules in schools and universities; and establish Regional Centers of Excellence for road safety.
In this context, this project is the result of a loan from the Government of Cameroon which has received funding from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in the form of a “loan” to finance the cost of the implementation a Master’s level training in Transport Planning at ENSTP.
Our working group together with 3 international partners, aims to:
- provide advisory services and technical support to ENSTP in developing a master’s level programme in Transportation Planning
- designate a project interlocutor and a financial interlocutor to support the lead beneficiary in the execution of the project;
- carry out all the actions of the project and with the leader and the other partners according to the modalities and deadlines provided for in the agreement signed with the Ministry of Public Works;
- respond promptly to any request for information or documents necessary for the management of the project;
- inform each other, and in the first place the lead beneficiary, of any event that could cause a temporary or permanent interruption of the project or any other deviation from the planned project;
- regularly transmit to the leader the information necessary for the drafting of activity reports and other specific documents requested by the Ministry of Public Works in order to respect the periodicity of the reports defined in the agreement signed with the lessor. The partners undertake to contribute to the drafting of these various reports;
- provide the independent experts carrying out an evaluation of the project with all the necessary documents or information to facilitate the evaluation.
Ecole Nationale Superieure des Travaux Publics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, University of Padua