Fondzenyuy Stephen Kome
- PhD Student at Sapienza university of Rome
- Researcher at of CTL (Centre of Transport and Logistics) Sapienza university of Rome
- CTL (Centre of Transport and Logistics) Sapienza university of Rome (January 2021 to present): PhD Researcher. Participate in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research projects that focuses on transport sustainability, transport automation and transportation safety. Main activities includes: performing analytical works, technical inputs using statistical models and otherwise using tools such as QGIS, Transcad and the basic SPPS IBM and Excel data analysis tools; Preparing deliverables and working on collaborative projects with other partners to achieve a common goal; Creating of Contents through indebt reviews; Performing of Dissemination activities.
- World Bank (FY21 and FY22): Transport Consultant: Collaborated with task team in supervision of projects under implementation which includes Expressways development projects, Road sector development projects, Transport Improvement projects, Railway projects etc. We ensured to deliver safe, smart and climate resilient infrastructures, while targeting capacity building of our clients as well ensuring the social and environmental impacts of the projects are acceptable. Collaborated on technical activities such as reviews of technical reports, technical proposals, contract amendments etc. Participated in operational missions and drafted mission reports. Monitored and tracked the projects results framework and intermediate indicators. Collaborated in projects designs and preparation of project documents. Managed and reported technical assessments activities. Collaborated in monitoring disbursements and procurement timetables. Provided logistic support to task team leaders and operational members. Carried out analytical activities and publishing of research works. Collaborated on cross cutting activities such as safety and Gender.
- ENSTP (Ecole Nationale Superieure des Travaux Publics) Yaounde (2019 to 2020): Road safety Researcher: Carried out dissemination activities for master’s students on Research strategies. Spearheaded and led the research to investigate the role of insurance companies to road safety and particularly showed how insurance companies in Cameroon can participate in reducing the risk and the consequences of road trauma so as to protect the lives of millions and safeguard the human resource. Disseminated research outputs at the national level on conferences organized for civil engineers. Collaborated on international road safety projects funded by world bank through data collection and reporting.
- Protect Your Environment Foundation, Cameroon. Program Civil Engineer and Task team leader (Jan 2019 to December 2020): Led a team of 23 nation wide and ensured close collaboration and communication. Designed training materials for environmental protection. Organized and trained the trainers (30) on environmental protection. Developed and implemented training and education of over 10,000 college students on health and environmental protection. Led discussions and negotiations with higher officials on the project.
- COMPETING BET, Cameroon (Oct to Dec 2018). Professional Civil Engineer intern. Supervised (as part of the supervision consultants) the construction of road works around the Japoma stadium in the city of Douala. Monitored project progress and schedules while proposing and resolving construction issues. Ensured respect of designs standards and guideline by contractors. Reviewed designs and suggested areas of improvements.
- FEICOM, Cameroon (Aug to Oct 2016). Civil Engineer intern. Controlled (as part of control mission) the execution of local community projects, ensuring proper utilization of funds and adequate operations of the projects.
- Phd Candidate Sapienza University of Rome (2022 – 2025): Doctoral School of Civil Engineering and Architecture: Transport and Infrastructure
- Universita degli Studi di PADOVA (2017 to 2019): Civil Engineering- LM (Laurea Magistrale). Credits 110/110
- ENSTP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Travaux Publics) Yaoundé(2014 to 2019): Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering (Option: Structures). GPA_C (cumulative): 3.6/4, Level 5 GPA: 3.89.
- Main Certificates Obtained: The hidden Side of Energy Access (“Understanding Clean cooking”); Essentials of Road Safety Engineering; Cyber security Course; iRAP Certification (Star Rating Essentials, Road Attribute coding, Star ratings for designs, Star ratings for Schools etc.); iRAP Accreditation Supplier.
- Accredited iRAP supplier on Road Attribute Coding and Analysis & reporting
Luca is 53 and defines himself as a nature and animal lover. And it would seem that he is in no way kidding about this, as he owns a farm in his native town Avezzano, with 15 dogs, an ass, various goats, geese, ducks, hens and other animals. At present he breeds Giant Schnauzers, but in the past he also had Dogues de Bordeaux, Neapolitan Mastiffs and Bull Terriers. He loves sport and is a Lazio supporter.Luca Persia
Anastasiya is 23 and was born in Minsk, Belarus, into a family of engineers–programmers. Anastasiya is a curious person, loves literature, with a preference for science fiction novels, trips around the world, the sea, but there is one passion that beats the rest: dogs, and who can blame her. She always sees the glass half full and considers herself a sociable person (but only if she’s had a good night’s sleep).Anastasiya Azarko
Born in Trabzon, Turkey, into a family of engineers–architects, Kagan is 26 and loves travelling, especially in Europe. He defines himself as an optimist: he in fact believes that everything can be managed and organised. He is keen on swimming and all water sports and favours science fiction novels and history. Last but not least, he is passionate about his friends and his time shared with them.Sevket Oguz Kagan Capkin
Roberto is 57 years old and lives in Ciampino, where he was born. His rural origins often take him back to the countryside, where he tends to his plants and garden. It is there that he finds his natural habitat, restoring body and spirit. He is very keen on reading, technology, electronics and Hi-Fi and photography and in recent years has discovered a new hobby piloting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone in open spaces and taking pictures from above. He also loves walking, especially in the woods and the mountains, searching for mushrooms, blackberries and wild fruits.Roberto Carroccia
SERGIO (Celestino is the surname, by the way!), was born by chance in Turin some years ago. He grew up by the sea and has lived in different places in Italy and abroad and now lives in an ancient Etruscan town, near Rome. When he was little he was blonde, then he played in pubs, was the hiker, the mayor, the dreamer; now he’s still an architect, not long been an journalist and is often forced to go to the gym because of his love of wine and cheeses. In short, if it were for him he would always have a rucksack on his back and his dream has been to fly since he was a child.Sergio Celestino
Colombian and 31 years old, Brayan is keen on travelling (over 30 countries visited), so much so that in the last 5 years he has lived in four different countries. This has allowed him to have an open mind, discover other cultures and learn other languages: he speaks English, Spanish and Italian. In 2018 he began running by pure chance, and today running is very much a fundamental part of his life. He loves tattoos and this is obvious as he has 15 of them. Lastly, he is a promoter of sustainable mobility, moving on foot, by bicycle and using public transport.Brayan González-Hernández
Kristaq is 34 and a nature and sports lover. He goes diving and enjoys a game of five-a-side football with friends. He is passionate about history and, the excellent scholar that he is, prefers precise historical periods: the medieval in the Balkans and the World Wars of the 19th century.Kristaq Pepkolaj
Maria Rosaria, 43 and originally from Calabria, was adopted by the Capital right from her university days. Her optimism and determination help her to overcome any obstacles on her path. She loves socialising and sharing with people and the curiosity to know new cultures leads her to set off traveling around somewhere. She has very green fingers, paints and, not satisfied with this, is trying her hand with wood. For her relaxation is synonymous with movement, certainly not crashing out on the sofa, but going for long walks. In all this she always makes sure that she finds time for shopping, cinema, theatre and good food.Maria Rosaria Saporito
Artsiom, for his friends Artem, is 25 and was born in Brest, Belarus, a town situated literally on the border between Poland and Ukraine. At present, he lives in a place with fewer boundaries, but just as beautiful - Rome. Artem challenges the chaos of the city by cycling, loves reading, travelling and doing sports, especially football, swimming and running.Artsiom Sauchuk
Berrak is 24 and was born in Istanbul, Turkey. She has always loved all animals, but cats have a special place in her heart. She has always loved science but thanks to her elder sister she learned to appreciate engineering in particular. What fascinates her instead is losing her way in the narrow streets of towns (Rome included) with her bicycle and observing their most beautiful details. At the weekend you are likely to find her in some local pub drinking an iced IPA.Berrak Senses
Veronica was born in Rome under the sign of Capricorn, which allows her to face life with the same grace as a bulldozer. Despite growing up among her parents’ set squares, Veronica dedicates a great amount of her time to sport. With her love of the Dolomites, she dreams of retiring with her husband to a mountain hut. Her passion for food photography allows her to label everything that she tastes and gather evidence on her Instagram page as “BUONO”, the contents of which were chosen by the Michelin guide. Transfixed by her journey to the Land of the Rising Sun, Veronica attempts (with little success) to transfer the Japanese approach to her daily life.Veronica Sgarra
Davide loves walking even though, every now and again, he prefers wandering around aimlessly – and as he’s an engineer we don’t even ask why. With an Italian mother and Japanese father, Davide has always sought to bring the features of both cultures into his work and life. In his spare time, he loves reading, especially the so-called “ninth art”: cartoons.Davide Shingo Usami