Davide Shingo Usami
- Head of research for the Start-up Sapienza CTLup
- Consultant for the direction of research projects at the Università di Roma “La Sapienza”.
PhD in Infrastructure and Transport, with ten years of experience in the study of transport systems, with particular reference to aspects linked to safety. He has carried out research activities, combined with applicative experiences, taking part in numerous national and international research projects, mobility and road safety plans, in an analytical role and at times as an activity coordinator.
He has carried out in-depth studies in the following research areas:
- Data collection and In-depth investigation of road accidents
- Analysis of accident phenomena on road networks and road safety planning
- Methodologies and instruments for the management of road infrastructure safety (safety performance assessment, network safety ranking, safety audit and inspection, efficiency and efficacy evaluations)
- Assessment of road safety processes and management facilities
- Impact assessment of ADAS systems and connected, cooperative and automated mobility
- Monitoring of public transport performance
He has taken part in the planning and development of various information systems which have been implemented to support the road safety Monitoring Centres, for example, for the Municipalities of Reggio Calabria, Parma, Terni, the Provinces of L’Aquila and Frosinone and the Lazio and Marche Regions.
Among the most important projects in which he has taken part are:
- Drive2TheFuture project (European Commission DG MOVE), to prepare the “drivers”, travellers and operators of the vehicles of the future to accept and use connected, cooperative and automated modalities of transport and the industry of these technologies.
- AfCFTA project – Study on the Implications of the African Continental Free Trade Area for Demand of Transport Infrastructure and Services in African Countries (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa UNECA), for the evaluation of the effects of the introduction of the free trade treaty among African countries on national and international transport systems.
- Progetto SafetyCUBE (European Commission DG MOVE), for the development of a support system for road safety decision making which enables policymakers and stakeholders to select and implement the most appropriate and cost-effective strategies and measures to reduce the number of victims of all types of gravity in Europe and the world.
- SaferAfrica project (European Commission DG RESEARCH), for the creation of a scientific/institutional Dialogue Platform, which makes it possible to improve the knowledge of the problems of road accidents in Africa and to establish policies and interventions to reduce the number of fatalities and injured.
At national level:
- General Guidelines for the Implementation of the National Road Safety Plan 2030 (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport)
- PRMTL – Piano Regionale della Mobilità, Trasporti e Logistica della Regione Lazio (Regione Lazio)
- MOP – Development of the information platform for Public Transport Mobility Operation Platform (Almaviva, Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico)
As a teacher, he has taken part in numerous specialised training courses for the technicians of Public Administrations on subjects of road safety (Road Safety Impact Assessment, training in the use of specialised software, intervention planning, Road Safety Inspection, etc.).
Luca is 53 and defines himself as a nature and animal lover. And it would seem that he is in no way kidding about this, as he owns a farm in his native town Avezzano, with 15 dogs, an ass, various goats, geese, ducks, hens and other animals. At present he breeds Giant Schnauzers, but in the past he also had Dogues de Bordeaux, Neapolitan Mastiffs and Bull Terriers. He loves sport and is a Lazio supporter.Luca Persia
Anastasiya is 23 and was born in Minsk, Belarus, into a family of engineers–programmers. Anastasiya is a curious person, loves literature, with a preference for science fiction novels, trips around the world, the sea, but there is one passion that beats the rest: dogs, and who can blame her. She always sees the glass half full and considers herself a sociable person (but only if she’s had a good night’s sleep).Anastasiya Azarko
Born in Trabzon, Turkey, into a family of engineers–architects, Kagan is 26 and loves travelling, especially in Europe. He defines himself as an optimist: he in fact believes that everything can be managed and organised. He is keen on swimming and all water sports and favours science fiction novels and history. Last but not least, he is passionate about his friends and his time shared with them.Sevket Oguz Kagan Capkin
Roberto is 57 years old and lives in Ciampino, where he was born. His rural origins often take him back to the countryside, where he tends to his plants and garden. It is there that he finds his natural habitat, restoring body and spirit. He is very keen on reading, technology, electronics and Hi-Fi and photography and in recent years has discovered a new hobby piloting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone in open spaces and taking pictures from above. He also loves walking, especially in the woods and the mountains, searching for mushrooms, blackberries and wild fruits.Roberto Carroccia
SERGIO (Celestino is the surname, by the way!), was born by chance in Turin some years ago. He grew up by the sea and has lived in different places in Italy and abroad and now lives in an ancient Etruscan town, near Rome. When he was little he was blonde, then he played in pubs, was the hiker, the mayor, the dreamer; now he’s still an architect, not long been an journalist and is often forced to go to the gym because of his love of wine and cheeses. In short, if it were for him he would always have a rucksack on his back and his dream has been to fly since he was a child.Sergio Celestino
Colombian and 31 years old, Brayan is keen on travelling (over 30 countries visited), so much so that in the last 5 years he has lived in four different countries. This has allowed him to have an open mind, discover other cultures and learn other languages: he speaks English, Spanish and Italian. In 2018 he began running by pure chance, and today running is very much a fundamental part of his life. He loves tattoos and this is obvious as he has 15 of them. Lastly, he is a promoter of sustainable mobility, moving on foot, by bicycle and using public transport.Brayan González-Hernández
Kristaq is 34 and a nature and sports lover. He goes diving and enjoys a game of five-a-side football with friends. He is passionate about history and, the excellent scholar that he is, prefers precise historical periods: the medieval in the Balkans and the World Wars of the 19th century.Kristaq Pepkolaj
Maria Rosaria, 43 and originally from Calabria, was adopted by the Capital right from her university days. Her optimism and determination help her to overcome any obstacles on her path. She loves socialising and sharing with people and the curiosity to know new cultures leads her to set off traveling around somewhere. She has very green fingers, paints and, not satisfied with this, is trying her hand with wood. For her relaxation is synonymous with movement, certainly not crashing out on the sofa, but going for long walks. In all this she always makes sure that she finds time for shopping, cinema, theatre and good food.Maria Rosaria Saporito
Artsiom, for his friends Artem, is 25 and was born in Brest, Belarus, a town situated literally on the border between Poland and Ukraine. At present, he lives in a place with fewer boundaries, but just as beautiful - Rome. Artem challenges the chaos of the city by cycling, loves reading, travelling and doing sports, especially football, swimming and running.Artsiom Sauchuk
Berrak is 24 and was born in Istanbul, Turkey. She has always loved all animals, but cats have a special place in her heart. She has always loved science but thanks to her elder sister she learned to appreciate engineering in particular. What fascinates her instead is losing her way in the narrow streets of towns (Rome included) with her bicycle and observing their most beautiful details. At the weekend you are likely to find her in some local pub drinking an iced IPA.Berrak Senses
Veronica was born in Rome under the sign of Capricorn, which allows her to face life with the same grace as a bulldozer. Despite growing up among her parents’ set squares, Veronica dedicates a great amount of her time to sport. With her love of the Dolomites, she dreams of retiring with her husband to a mountain hut. Her passion for food photography allows her to label everything that she tastes and gather evidence on her Instagram page as “BUONO”, the contents of which were chosen by the Michelin guide. Transfixed by her journey to the Land of the Rising Sun, Veronica attempts (with little success) to transfer the Japanese approach to her daily life.Veronica Sgarra
Stephen Kome, 25 years was born in Kumbo, in the grass field areas of Cameroon. Growing up in an area with earthed roads which becomes very inaccessible during the long 8 months rainy seasons made him grow interest in studying Civil engineering. Being very passionate in promoting shared prosperity and in reducing poverty & suffering has motivated him to pursue his career on road safety where road accidents pose as “weapons of mass destruction” especially in low-income countries. While Stephen is a good goalkeeper who is always called up in his local football competition, in his free time, he loves cooking his cultural dishes (which he cultivates) and also spends time singing with his church choir.Fondzenyuy Stephen Kome