Marco Di Rocco
Researcher at CTL (Centro di ricerca per il Trasporto e la Logistica of Sapienza University of Rome)
- Teaching: News in PHP 8, a professional training course about the news and differences about this version of PHP; PostgreSQL Database Administration, a professional training course about the management of a database system; Java/Spring, a professional training course for junior programmers.
- Designer and Developer for ALIR (Ancient Law Information Retrieval): Design and implementation of the digital archive “ALIR” and of the search engine on documents in Latin.
- Researcher at DIAG (Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale “Antonio Ruberti” of Sapienza University of Rome): Design, development and management of the service platform for the ADCATER project; assistant of full professor.
- Researcher at CNR-ISMAR (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR Roma – Istituto di Scienze Marine): Software design and development to automate “data quality” processes on satellite images.
- Researcher at CerereTech SRL: Research, Design and Development of a software platform for the calculation of agricultural indices used for plant health monitoring in precision agriculture from images satellites (Copernicus programme); design and development of a neural network for the identification and classification of different plant species on an agricultural soil from hyperspectral images from drones.
- Software Engineer: Design and development of a Python application prototype for the updating of nursing skills.
- Researcher at CTL (Centro di Ricerca per il Trasporto e la Logistica of Sapienza University of Rome): Design and development of a management platform for public transport mobility.
- Data Scientist: Design and development of algorithms for an Energy Aggregation platform capable of managing a portfolio of technological assets in the face of a target of consumption and profits to be achieved by regulating usage loads; implementation of Python scripts for extracting data from social networks Twitter and Facebook; study of predictive analysis and implementation of Neural Networks for Sentiment Analysis and Root Cause Analysis.
- Deep Learning Specialization (5 courses), Coursera, deeplearning.ai: Sequence Models, Convolutional Neural Networks, Structuring Machine Learning Projects, Improving Deep Neural Networks, Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Master’s degree, Sapienza University of Rome (2013 – 2016): Engineering in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree, Sapienza University of Rome (2006 – 2012): Engineering in Computer Science
Titles and awards
Enrolled in the professional register of engineers of the Province of Rome No. A38014 since 2019
Luca defines himself as a nature and animal lover. And it would seem that he is in no way kidding about this, as he owns a farm in his native town Avezzano, with 15 dogs, a donkey, various goats, geese, ducks, hens and other animals. At present he breeds Giant Schnauzers, but in the past he also had Dogues de Bordeaux, Neapolitan Mastiffs and Bull Terriers. He loves sport and is a Lazio supporter.Luca Persia
Born in Trabzon, Turkey, into a family of engineers–architects, Kagan loves travelling, especially in Europe. He defines himself as an optimist: in fact, he believes that everything can be managed and organised. He is keen on swimming and all water sports and favours science fiction novels and history. Last, but not least, he is passionate about his friends and his time shared with them.Sevket Oguz Kagan Capkin
Roberto lives in Ciampino, where he was born. His rural origins often take him back to the countryside, where he tends to his plants and garden. It is there that he finds his natural habitat, restoring body and spirit. He is very keen on reading, technology, electronics and Hi-Fi and photography and in recent years has discovered a new hobby piloting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone in open spaces and taking pictures from above. He also loves walking, especially in the woods and the mountains, searching for mushrooms, blackberries and wild fruits.Roberto Carroccia
SERGIO (Celestino is the surname, by the way!), was born by chance in Turin some years ago. He grew up by the sea and has lived in different places in Italy and abroad and now lives in an ancient Etruscan town, near Rome. When he was little he was blonde, then he played in pubs, was the hiker, the mayor, the dreamer; now he’s still an architect, not long been an journalist and is often forced to go to the gym because of his love of wine and cheeses. In short, if it were for him he would always have a rucksack on his back and his dream has been to fly since he was a child.Sergio Celestino
Colombian, Brayan is keen on travelling (over 30 countries visited), so much so that in the last 5 years he has lived in four different countries. This has allowed him to have an open mind, discover other cultures and learn other languages: he speaks English, Spanish and Italian. In 2018 he began running by pure chance, and today running is very much a fundamental part of his life. He loves tattoos and this is obvious as he has 15 of them. Lastly, he is a promoter of sustainable mobility, moving on foot, by bicycle and using public transport.Brayan González-Hernández
Artsiom, for his friends Artem, was born in Brest, Belarus, a town situated literally on the border between Poland and Ukraine. At present, he lives in a place with fewer boundaries, but just as beautiful - Rome. Artem challenges the chaos of the city by cycling, loves reading, travelling and doing sports, especially football, swimming and running.Artsiom Sauchuk
Berrak was born in Istanbul, Turkey. She has always loved all animals, but cats have a special place in her heart. She has always loved science but thanks to her elder sister she learned to appreciate engineering in particular. What fascinates her instead is losing her way in the narrow streets of towns (Rome included) with her bicycle and observing their most beautiful details. At the weekend you are likely to find her in some local pub drinking an iced IPA.Berrak Senses
Davide loves walking even though, every now and again, he prefers wandering around aimlessly – and as he’s an engineer we don’t even ask why. With an Italian mother and Japanese father, Davide has always sought to bring the features of both cultures into his work and life. In his spare time, he loves reading, especially the so-called “ninth art”: cartoons.Davide Shingo Usami
Stephen was born in Kumbo, in the grass field areas of Cameroon. Growing up in an area with earthed roads which becomes very inaccessible during the long 8 months rainy seasons made him grow interest in studying Civil engineering. Being very passionate in promoting shared prosperity and in reducing poverty & suffering has motivated him to pursue his career on road safety where road accidents pose as “weapons of mass destruction” especially in low-income countries. While Stephen is a good goalkeeper who is always called up in his local football competition, in his free time, he loves cooking his cultural dishes (which he cultivates) and also spends time singing with his church choir.Fondzenyuy Stephen Kome
Francesca is a Leo with a Leo ascendant: a combination that emphasizes her strong and determined personality. She doesn’t back out in front of challenges and difficulties. She loves staying in touch with people: a social animal that, selflessly, is omnipresent for those who needs her. She has always adored cuisine but, above all, cooking: cheesecakes are her main courses. She often says that, in another life, she will be a veterinarian, because she madly loves animals.Francesca Damiani
Mohammed Khadeeruddin, for his friends Khadeer, comes from the vibrant city of Hyderabad, located in the southern part of India and known for its rich history, diverse culture and delectable cuisine. He enjoys immersing himself in the dynamic atmosphere of his city, concentrated around the iconic Charminar and the enchanting Golconda Fort: when he comes back in his homeland, during his leisure time, you can find him exploring the bustling markets, indulging in street food or, simply, relishing the city's laid-back charm. With a passion for cricket, he has honed his skills as an all-rounder, excelling in multiple aspects of the game.Mohammed Khadeeruddin
Irуna comes from Ukraine. She was born in Kamchatka: somewhere very far, between Japan and Alaska, among volcanoes and geyser valleys, which most likely affected her love of active life. You can’t find her on weekends or holidays at home. She likes to travel, discover non-touristic places without using guides and create non-standard and fascinating trips for her friends. But a special passion for her is the sea in all its daily diversity and grandeur. She loves water sports: diving, snorkeling, and canoe. Although not averse to just relax on the beach and dream about something. She has inner resolve and a little adventurism that allows to cope with all the challenges that life throws at her. She never gives up and believes in the best under any circumstances.Iryna Tkachenko
Tejas hails from Bangalore, often referred to as the “Silicon Valley of India”: his formative years have been greatly influenced by the city's thriving startup culture and technological advancements. He has nurtured a deep interest in percussion instrument and martial arts, culminating in the achievement of a black belt in Taekwondo. His fascination with drones has been a driving force in his life. In recent years, he has embarked on exhilarating motorcycle rides with a vibrant biking community, exploring the diverse landscapes, languages and cultures that India has to offer. Each achievement has added to the richness of his experience and personal growth. And, as he approaches the milestone of turning 30, he has compiled a list of aspirations he aims to fulfil.Tejas Singri Krishnamurthy
Steffel is a Cameroonian from the west region of the country. His favourite toy as a kid was a beautiful wood made castle; but he couldn’t fit in, so he decided to be a civil engineer to build his own. Experiencing road crashes made him investigate the subject just to realise the magnitude of the problem, especially in low- and middle-income countries. He decided to devote himself in finding solutions to make transport infrastructure safe for users, efficient for governments and sustainable for the environment. Steffel enjoys calm and silence and adores playing with kids (contradictory right?). He likes cooking and has a passion for fighting disciplines.Steffel Ludivin Feudjio Tezong
“Clear, healthy madness”: perhaps, these words should be enough to describe Manuel. Scorpio according to Western astrology, Wolf of Irpinia according to his identity card. He loves the adventure, risk and improvising, the same quality that allows him to enjoy the most exciting travels, excursions and nights. He made his curiosity into his profession and combined it with his visceral passion for writing. Inviting him to lunch or dinner could be a great idea, especially if the menu is based on traditional dishes. But someone goes around saying that he could invite you, given his growing interest in cooking, as well as in team sports (football and basketball above all).Manuel Merolla