- Research Fellow in the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile Edile ed Ambientale (DICEA) of the “Sapienza” – Università of Rome
- Partner of CTLup srl – Start up of the Sapienza Università of Rome.
With a degree in Architecture, she is mainly involved in activities in the field of road safety, transport planning, sustainable mobility, mobility surveys and the training of technicians and professionals. She obtained her PhD in Infrastructure and Transport in April 2013 with a thesis on the development of a methodology for the application of ITS systems for the safety of two-wheeled vehicles in an urban context, leading to the elaboration of a specific composite indicator for Rome. She has collaborated with the CTL since 2015, working on national and international projects.
At international level, she has recently collaborated in the following projects:
- EUROPEAN SURVEY OF ROAD USERS’ SAFETY ATTITUDES (ESRA) – project relative to the survey on the driving attitudes and behaviours of road users. Survey methodologies on road users’ attitudes were developed, for the identification of measures for the improvement of road safety. The working group is made up of a network of 48 countries in 5 continents.
- CONCEPTION ET MISE EN PLACE DES BASES DE DONNEES DES ACCIDENTS DE LA CIRCULATION ET D’UN SYSTEME D’INFORMATION SUR LA SECURITE ROUTIERE AU CAMEROUN – (Republic of Cameroon – World Bank) – for the development and introduction of an innovative information system for the collection and analysis of road accidents in the Republic of Cameroon.
- SafetyCube (European Commission, DG RESEARCH) (European Commission, DG RESEARCH) for the creation of a European decision making support system for road safety (DSS) for policymakers and technicians, enabling them to choose efficient strategies, measures and approaches in order to reduce road accidents.
- SaferWheels – (European Commission) – for the collection and analysis of accident data of two-wheelers by means of the development of the in-depth investigation methodology.
At national level:
- National Road Safety Plan 2030 – (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport) – General Guidelines for Implementation
- SmartPackaging 4.0 – (Laziale Distribuzione) – creation of a virtuous engineered logistics model with circular economy logic that foresees the reduction of packaging and packing materials and their use in the returns management process.
- Sustainable Mobility Plan Sapienza (Sapienza Università di Roma).
- PRMTL – (Regione Lazio) – Piano Regionale della Mobilità, Trasporti e Logistica della Regione Lazio
- Ports Plan of Regional Economic Interest – (Aremol)
As a teacher, she has taken part in numerous road safety training courses in upper secondary schools in different Italian regions, and courses for specialists and technicians of Public Administrations on subjects of road safety (Road Safety Audit, intervention planning, Road Safety Inspection, etc.).
Luca is 53 and defines himself as a nature and animal lover. And it would seem that he is in no way kidding about this, as he owns a farm in his native town Avezzano, with 15 dogs, an ass, various goats, geese, ducks, hens and other animals. At present he breeds Giant Schnauzers, but in the past he also had Dogues de Bordeaux, Neapolitan Mastiffs and Bull Terriers. He loves sport and is a Lazio supporter.Luca Persia
Anastasiya is 23 and was born in Minsk, Belarus, into a family of engineers–programmers. Anastasiya is a curious person, loves literature, with a preference for science fiction novels, trips around the world, the sea, but there is one passion that beats the rest: dogs, and who can blame her. She always sees the glass half full and considers herself a sociable person (but only if she’s had a good night’s sleep).Anastasiya Azarko
Born in Trabzon, Turkey, into a family of engineers–architects, Kagan is 26 and loves travelling, especially in Europe. He defines himself as an optimist: he in fact believes that everything can be managed and organised. He is keen on swimming and all water sports and favours science fiction novels and history. Last but not least, he is passionate about his friends and his time shared with them.Sevket Oguz Kagan Capkin
Roberto is 57 years old and lives in Ciampino, where he was born. His rural origins often take him back to the countryside, where he tends to his plants and garden. It is there that he finds his natural habitat, restoring body and spirit. He is very keen on reading, technology, electronics and Hi-Fi and photography and in recent years has discovered a new hobby piloting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone in open spaces and taking pictures from above. He also loves walking, especially in the woods and the mountains, searching for mushrooms, blackberries and wild fruits.Roberto Carroccia
SERGIO (Celestino is the surname, by the way!), was born by chance in Turin some years ago. He grew up by the sea and has lived in different places in Italy and abroad and now lives in an ancient Etruscan town, near Rome. When he was little he was blonde, then he played in pubs, was the hiker, the mayor, the dreamer; now he’s still an architect, not long been an journalist and is often forced to go to the gym because of his love of wine and cheeses. In short, if it were for him he would always have a rucksack on his back and his dream has been to fly since he was a child.Sergio Celestino
Colombian and 31 years old, Brayan is keen on travelling (over 30 countries visited), so much so that in the last 5 years he has lived in four different countries. This has allowed him to have an open mind, discover other cultures and learn other languages: he speaks English, Spanish and Italian. In 2018 he began running by pure chance, and today running is very much a fundamental part of his life. He loves tattoos and this is obvious as he has 15 of them. Lastly, he is a promoter of sustainable mobility, moving on foot, by bicycle and using public transport.Brayan González-Hernández
Kristaq is 34 and a nature and sports lover. He goes diving and enjoys a game of five-a-side football with friends. He is passionate about history and, the excellent scholar that he is, prefers precise historical periods: the medieval in the Balkans and the World Wars of the 19th century.Kristaq Pepkolaj
Maria Rosaria, 43 and originally from Calabria, was adopted by the Capital right from her university days. Her optimism and determination help her to overcome any obstacles on her path. She loves socialising and sharing with people and the curiosity to know new cultures leads her to set off traveling around somewhere. She has very green fingers, paints and, not satisfied with this, is trying her hand with wood. For her relaxation is synonymous with movement, certainly not crashing out on the sofa, but going for long walks. In all this she always makes sure that she finds time for shopping, cinema, theatre and good food.Maria Rosaria Saporito
Artsiom, for his friends Artem, is 25 and was born in Brest, Belarus, a town situated literally on the border between Poland and Ukraine. At present, he lives in a place with fewer boundaries, but just as beautiful - Rome. Artem challenges the chaos of the city by cycling, loves reading, travelling and doing sports, especially football, swimming and running.Artsiom Sauchuk
Berrak is 24 and was born in Istanbul, Turkey. She has always loved all animals, but cats have a special place in her heart. She has always loved science but thanks to her elder sister she learned to appreciate engineering in particular. What fascinates her instead is losing her way in the narrow streets of towns (Rome included) with her bicycle and observing their most beautiful details. At the weekend you are likely to find her in some local pub drinking an iced IPA.Berrak Senses
Davide loves walking even though, every now and again, he prefers wandering around aimlessly – and as he’s an engineer we don’t even ask why. With an Italian mother and Japanese father, Davide has always sought to bring the features of both cultures into his work and life. In his spare time, he loves reading, especially the so-called “ninth art”: cartoons.Davide Shingo Usami
Stephen Kome, 25 years was born in Kumbo, in the grass field areas of Cameroon. Growing up in an area with earthed roads which becomes very inaccessible during the long 8 months rainy seasons made him grow interest in studying Civil engineering. Being very passionate in promoting shared prosperity and in reducing poverty & suffering has motivated him to pursue his career on road safety where road accidents pose as “weapons of mass destruction” especially in low-income countries. While Stephen is a good goalkeeper who is always called up in his local football competition, in his free time, he loves cooking his cultural dishes (which he cultivates) and also spends time singing with his church choir.Fondzenyuy Stephen Kome