Maria Rosaria Saporito
- Professional collaborator for the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile Edile e Ambientale (DICEA) of the Sapienza Università of Rome.
- Professional collaborator for the Centro di Ricerca per il Trasporto e la Logistica (CTL).
- Managing director of CTLup srl – Start up of the Sapienza Università of Rome.
- Partner of DITS srl – Development Innovation in Transport Systems.
After graduating in Civil Engineering, Maria Rosaria Saporito obtained a PhD and carried out research activity at the Sapienza Università of Rome. Over the years the advantage of working directly with clients of the public and private sectors enabled her to increase her knowledge and expand her own responsibilities from scientific research to the elaboration of detailed studies in the field of mobility, transport and road safety to project management. The autonomy acquired in her contact with clients, in the preparation of tenders/public competitions and in the technical and administrative management of projects, raised her awareness to the importance of having an overall vision of the work to be carried out and how to approach it in order to achieve certain objectives.
Among her main work as technical manager, of particular importance are:
- Monitoring and technical administrative assistance for the implementation of the National Road Safety Plan; Additional Services to the Monitoring Service; Repetition of Similar Services (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport)
- CEREMSS – Planning, Facility and Realisation of the Central Information System of the Road Safety Monitoring System of the Lazio Region (Azienda Strade Lazio, Regione Lazio)
- Management Plan and Optimisation of the Regional Road Network Mobility in Concession to Astral s.p.a. (Azienda Strade Lazio)
- Project for the creation of the Regional Road Safety Monitoring Centre of the Marche Region (Regione Marche, Ministero delle Infrastrutture e Trasporti)
- Crowdsourcing Portal for support and elaboration of the Roma Capitale PUMS for (Roma Servizi per la mobilità, Comune di Roma)
- Sustainable Mobility Plan Sapienza (Sapienza Università di Roma).
She has also worked on other important projects with a team of professionals in the sector:
- General Guidelines for the Implementation of the Piano Nazionale Sicurezza Stradale 2030 (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport);
- PRMTL – Piano Regionale della Mobilità, Trasporti e Logistica of the Lazio Region (Regione Lazio)
- Methodology for the realisation of Risk Analysis in the railway’s sector; verification and updating of the Guidelines to which Railway Companies must comply in order to obtain the issue of the Safety Certificate (Agenzia Ferroviaria per la sicurezza delle ferrovie – ANSF)
- SaferAfrica for the creation of a scientific/institutional Dialogue Platform, which makes it possible to improve the knowledge of the problems of road accidents in Africa and to establish policies and interventions to reduce the number of fatalities and injured (European Commission DG RESEARCH)
- Conception et Mise en Place des Bases de Donnees des Accidents de la Circulation et d’un Systeme d’Information sur la Securite Routiere au Cameroun for the development and introduction of an innovative information system for the collection and analysis of road accidents in the Republic of Cameroon (Republic of Cameroon – World Bank)
- SafetyCube for the development of a support system for decision making also called Decision Support System (DSS) (European Commission).
Luca is 53 and defines himself as a nature and animal lover. And it would seem that he is in no way kidding about this, as he owns a farm in his native town Avezzano, with 15 dogs, an ass, various goats, geese, ducks, hens and other animals. At present he breeds Giant Schnauzers, but in the past he also had Dogues de Bordeaux, Neapolitan Mastiffs and Bull Terriers. He loves sport and is a Lazio supporter.Luca Persia
Anastasiya is 23 and was born in Minsk, Belarus, into a family of engineers–programmers. Anastasiya is a curious person, loves literature, with a preference for science fiction novels, trips around the world, the sea, but there is one passion that beats the rest: dogs, and who can blame her. She always sees the glass half full and considers herself a sociable person (but only if she’s had a good night’s sleep).Anastasiya Azarko
Born in Trabzon, Turkey, into a family of engineers–architects, Kagan is 26 and loves travelling, especially in Europe. He defines himself as an optimist: he in fact believes that everything can be managed and organised. He is keen on swimming and all water sports and favours science fiction novels and history. Last but not least, he is passionate about his friends and his time shared with them.Sevket Oguz Kagan Capkin
Roberto is 57 years old and lives in Ciampino, where he was born. His rural origins often take him back to the countryside, where he tends to his plants and garden. It is there that he finds his natural habitat, restoring body and spirit. He is very keen on reading, technology, electronics and Hi-Fi and photography and in recent years has discovered a new hobby piloting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone in open spaces and taking pictures from above. He also loves walking, especially in the woods and the mountains, searching for mushrooms, blackberries and wild fruits.Roberto Carroccia
SERGIO (Celestino is the surname, by the way!), was born by chance in Turin some years ago. He grew up by the sea and has lived in different places in Italy and abroad and now lives in an ancient Etruscan town, near Rome. When he was little he was blonde, then he played in pubs, was the hiker, the mayor, the dreamer; now he’s still an architect, not long been an journalist and is often forced to go to the gym because of his love of wine and cheeses. In short, if it were for him he would always have a rucksack on his back and his dream has been to fly since he was a child.Sergio Celestino
Colombian and 31 years old, Brayan is keen on travelling (over 30 countries visited), so much so that in the last 5 years he has lived in four different countries. This has allowed him to have an open mind, discover other cultures and learn other languages: he speaks English, Spanish and Italian. In 2018 he began running by pure chance, and today running is very much a fundamental part of his life. He loves tattoos and this is obvious as he has 15 of them. Lastly, he is a promoter of sustainable mobility, moving on foot, by bicycle and using public transport.Brayan González-Hernández
Kristaq is 34 and a nature and sports lover. He goes diving and enjoys a game of five-a-side football with friends. He is passionate about history and, the excellent scholar that he is, prefers precise historical periods: the medieval in the Balkans and the World Wars of the 19th century.Kristaq Pepkolaj
Artsiom, for his friends Artem, is 25 and was born in Brest, Belarus, a town situated literally on the border between Poland and Ukraine. At present, he lives in a place with fewer boundaries, but just as beautiful - Rome. Artem challenges the chaos of the city by cycling, loves reading, travelling and doing sports, especially football, swimming and running.Artsiom Sauchuk
Berrak is 24 and was born in Istanbul, Turkey. She has always loved all animals, but cats have a special place in her heart. She has always loved science but thanks to her elder sister she learned to appreciate engineering in particular. What fascinates her instead is losing her way in the narrow streets of towns (Rome included) with her bicycle and observing their most beautiful details. At the weekend you are likely to find her in some local pub drinking an iced IPA.Berrak Senses
Veronica was born in Rome under the sign of Capricorn, which allows her to face life with the same grace as a bulldozer. Despite growing up among her parents’ set squares, Veronica dedicates a great amount of her time to sport. With her love of the Dolomites, she dreams of retiring with her husband to a mountain hut. Her passion for food photography allows her to label everything that she tastes and gather evidence on her Instagram page as “BUONO”, the contents of which were chosen by the Michelin guide. Transfixed by her journey to the Land of the Rising Sun, Veronica attempts (with little success) to transfer the Japanese approach to her daily life.Veronica Sgarra
Davide loves walking even though, every now and again, he prefers wandering around aimlessly – and as he’s an engineer we don’t even ask why. With an Italian mother and Japanese father, Davide has always sought to bring the features of both cultures into his work and life. In his spare time, he loves reading, especially the so-called “ninth art”: cartoons.Davide Shingo Usami
Stephen Kome, 25 years was born in Kumbo, in the grass field areas of Cameroon. Growing up in an area with earthed roads which becomes very inaccessible during the long 8 months rainy seasons made him grow interest in studying Civil engineering. Being very passionate in promoting shared prosperity and in reducing poverty & suffering has motivated him to pursue his career on road safety where road accidents pose as “weapons of mass destruction” especially in low-income countries. While Stephen is a good goalkeeper who is always called up in his local football competition, in his free time, he loves cooking his cultural dishes (which he cultivates) and also spends time singing with his church choir.Fondzenyuy Stephen Kome